University of Michigan | Ann Arbor, MI
Ph.D. in Computer Science
Started Fall 2019
Cornell University | Ithaca, NY
B.A. in Computer Science and Mathematics
Awarded Dec 2018
University of Michigan – Ann Arbor | Ann Arbor, MI (Sept 2019 - Present)
- Designing distributed protocols and systems
Oracle | Redwood Shores, CA (Feb 2019 - Aug 2019)
- Implemented features for the TimesTen In-Memory Database
Cornell University (Prof. Robbert van Renesse) | Ithaca, NY (May 2018 - Dec 2018)
- Evaluating an improved chain replication protocol
Cornell University (Prof. Lorenzo Alvisi) | Ithaca, NY (Jan 2018 - Aug 2018)
- Extending TAPIR replication protocol to tolerate Byzantine faults
Cornell University (Prof. Nate Foster) | Ithaca, NY (Aug 2017 - Dec 2017)
- Converted legacy Yacc-Bison grammar of P4 language to ANTLR v4 representation
CS 2110: OOP and Data Structures | Ithaca, NY (Jan 2017 - May 2018)
- Lead weekly recitation class of approx. 40 students, lecturing new material and facilitating group discussions
AI Research Intern
Institute of High Performance Computing | Singapore (May - August 2017)
- Applied neural networks to mitosis detection in histology images
Cornell University (Prof. Nate Foster) | Ithaca, NY (Feb - July 2016)
- Designed and coded a water quality simulation game with GUI
Singapore Armed Forces | Singapore (Feb 2013 - Dec 2014)
- Completed 2 years of full-time National Service
Cool classes I’ve taken
- CS 6764: Reasoning About Knowledge
- The epistemic foundations of distributed computing.
- CS 4120: Compilers
- Implemented an optimizing compiler for an object-oriented language, with x86-64 as the target.
- CS 5414: Principles of Distributed Computing
- MATH 4310: Linear Algebra
- The set of linear transformations from one vector space to another vector space is itself a vector space? Just mind-bendingly fun.
- CS 4810: Intro to Theory of Computing
- You can simulate a Turing machine with a two-stack counter machine!
- CS 4820: Intro to Analysis of Algorithms
- Got me addicted to writing proofs. Thus my Math major.
- Research team lead at the Association of Computer Science Undergraduates, (Cornell ACM Chapter)